Flexible Seating in Middle School: 2018 - 19 Classroom Setup

September 2, 2018





Last school year was an adventure in flexible seating. The students did amazing with the seating options. This school year I wanted more of a coffee house vibe. Below is a glimpse into my classroom.



The papasan chairs are one of the most popular options. I do have to warn the students to be careful of how they are sitting on the chairs.





The wobble stools are items that I was able to get funded through Donor's Chose. The students love this option.


I finally broke down and purchased a futon. At first I thought only about three students could get on the futon. It is hilarious seeing about four of them squeeze on the futon.






The blue spinning chair is a yard sale find. My mom was with me and laughed at me buying the chair.



The library this school year is a hot spot. I added some Genre Posters and took extra care in organizing the library.





Check out my cafe theme Whiteboard Protocol Labels. The labels really helped set the theme of the classroom.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into my classroom! Leave any comments or questions below.

No comments